You know you're a writer when...

You know you're a writer when...

Well when do you know?

Maybe when you first jot down some creative ideas for a story, maybe when you actually sit down at a computer to type it up.

When did I know?

When I had the intense desire to describe something, but not for the sake of telling someone what I saw. No - it was when I had the urge to describe it so that someone else could feel as I did. Yet I felt utterly inadequate in finding the proper words to do so.

It's the equivalent of hiking to the highest mountain and watching the sun set over the continental divide. The misty fog of twilight seeps in the air and the array of colors in the sky is more breathtaking than you could have imagined. And you want everyone to experience this, to know this. But not with a picture. With words.

That's my two cents.

I just had the urge to let you know why a picture tells a thousand words, but why words can create a thousand pictures.

Goodnight.

Comments

Popular Posts